Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs is a journal for social science research on alcohol and drugs and their related policies. The journal has an emphasis on alcohol and illicit drugs but covers also tobacco and gambling. The journal is published in both English and Scandinavian languages. As more and more articles are published in English, the journal also has a popular scientific website, www.popNAD.com, publishing only in the scandinavian languages
Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs has an international readership that includes researchers, public health authorities, politicians, decision makers, NG0s, professionals, and the media. The journal publishes research reports, commentaries, reviews, book reviews, conference reports, and Nordic alcohol statistics.
Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs is published by the Nordic Centre for Welfare and Social Issues (NVC). The online open access version is published by Versita. The journal is supported by the National Institute for Alcohol and Drug Research, (SIRUS), (Norway), the Swedish National Institute of Public Health and the Danish National Board of Health. The Finnish and Swedish alcohol monopolies support the journal with subscriptions.
Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs operates in accordance with the Farmington Consensus and its ethical code (see Nordisk alkohol- & narkotikatidskrift 1/1999). The research reports are peer reviewed, and assessed for their academic contribution, relevance and methodological competence. Surveys, letter to the editors, shorter notices and reviews are welcome and assessed by the editors and members of the editorial board.
Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs is screened for the following databases and abstract collections: Addiction Abstracts; Sociological Abstracts; Social Service Abstracts; Socindex; Swemed; Norddrug; ARTO; Scopus and PsyclNFO.
- Dr.Pol.Sc. Anne Line Bretteville-Jensen (chair), SIRUS, Oslo, Norway
- Prof. Thoroddur Bjarnason, Dep. of Social Sciences and Law, University of Akureyri, Iceland
- Dr.P.H. Kim Bloomfield, Centre for Alcohol and Drug Research, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Ph.D. Johan Edman, Centre for Social Research on Alcohol and Drugs (SoRAD), Stockholm, Sweden
- Dr.Philos. Sverre Nesvåg, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
- Ph.D. Signe Ravn, SFI - The Danish National Centre for Social Research, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Dr.Polit. Janne Scheffels, SIRUS, Oslo, Norway
- Dr.Med.Sc. Martin Stafström, Faculty of Medicine, Dep. of Social Medicine and Global Health, University of Lund, Sweden
- Ph.D. Tuukka Tammi, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, THL, Helsinki, Finland
- Ph.D. Christoffer Tigerstedt, Department of Alcohol, Drugs and Addiction, THL, Helsinki, Finland
NAD:s populärvetenskapliga portal
+358 (0)40 553 1374
+358 (0)400 612 097
Nordic Centre for Welfare and Social Issues (NVC),
Topeliuksenkatu a A 41,
+358 (0)20 7410 881