NORDIC STUDIES ON ALCOHOL AND DRUGS is a journal for social science research on alcohol and drugs, as well as other related substances and behaviours. The articles are published in English, but also in Danish, Norwegian and Swedish.
Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs has an international readership that includes researchers, public health authorities, politicians, decision makers, NGOs, professionals, students and the media. Nordic research and comparative settings are of special interest to the journal.
The journal publishes research, reports, commentaries, reviews, book reviews, conference reports, and Nordic alcohol statistics.The research articles are peer reviewed, and assessed for their academic contribution, scientific independency, relevance and methodological competence. Surveys, letters to the editors, shorter notices and reviews are welcome and assessed by the editors and members of the editorial board.
Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs is published by the Nordic Centre for Welfare and Social Issues. The online open access version is published by DeGruyterOnline.
The journal is supported by the National Institute for Alcohol and Drug Research (SIRUS in Norway), the Danish National Board of Health, the Finnish ministry of Social Affairs and Health, and the Swedish alcohol monopoly.
As more and more articles are published in English, the journal also has a popular scientific website called popNAD, publishing only in the scandinavian languages.
Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs operates in accordance with the Farmington Consensus and its ethical code (see Nordisk alkohol- & narkotikatidskrift 1/1999).
Nordic Studies on Alcohol and Drugs is screened for the following databases and abstract collections: Addiction Abstracts; Sociological Abstracts; Social Service Abstracts; Socindex; Swemed; Norddrug; ARTO; Scopus, PsyclNFO and Social Sciences Citation Index (Impact Factor 2014: 0.564).
The scientific website popNAD
Free online version of NAD
- Ph.D. Christoffer Tigerstedt (chair), Department of Alcohol, Drugs and Addiction, THL, Helsinki, Finland
- Dr.P.H. Kim Bloomfield, Centre for Alcohol and Drug Research, Copenhagen, Denmark
- PhD Geir Scott Brunborg, Norwegian Insitute for Alcohol and Drug Research, SIRUS, Oslo, Norway
- Ph.D Johan Edman, Centre for Social Research on Alcohol and Drugs (SoRAD), Stockholm, Sweden
- PhD Johan Jarl, Division of Health Economics, Department of Clinical Sciences, Malmö University Hospital, Lund University, Malmö, Sweden
- Dr. Med. Sveinbjörn Kristjánsson, The Icelandic Directorate of Health, Reykjavik, Iceland
- Dr.Philos. Sverre Nesvåg, Stavanger University Hospital, Stavanger, Norway
- Ph.D. Signe Ravn, SFI - The Danish National Centre for Social Research, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Dr.Polit. Janne Scheffels, SIRUS, Oslo, Norway
- Ph.D. Tuukka Tammi, Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, THL, Helsinki, Finland